Cisco Security Engineer
Location: El Segundo, California
Accuvant is seeking a mid-level security engineer to assist in day-to-day operational security duties in a Cisco perimeter security infrastructure. Cisco ASA and Cisco VPN administration and troubleshooting are primary for this position.
Contract Length: 3 months
The analyst will be responsible for the following:
- Coordination with various IT operations teams.
- Perform Cisco security upgrades (including testing and roll-out).
- Respond and analyze security incidents and events.
- Build, monitor, and troubleshoot Cisco IPSEC VPN tunnels.
- Monitor, maintain, and implement security policies on Cisco ASA firewalls.
No clearance required
Bachelor's degree preferred
- 3-5 years of experience working in Information Security.
- 3-5 years of experience working with Cisco VPN devices and Cisco ASA firewalls.
-Expert knowledge in all of l the core internet protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, etc).
- Extremely process and detail oriented.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Cisco Security certifications (CCSP, etc.) greatly preferred.
- General security certifications (CISSP et al) preferred.
- General professional network certifications (CCNP, JNCIS, et al) preferred.